I’ve seen it all over the years, from small businesses that have been destroyed by bad employees to large corporations that have been brought to their knees by a toxic culture.
One of the biggest mistakes that any business owner can make is to employ small-minded people. These are the people who are content to coast along, doing the bare minimum. They don’t have any ambition or drive. They’re not interested in learning or growing.
Small-minded people are a cancer to any business.
They suck the energy and creativity out of the workplace. They create a negative atmosphere that drives away good employees. And they’re a drain on your resources.
If you want to build a successful business, you need to surround yourself with big thinkers. These are the people who are always looking for ways to improve things. They’re not afraid to take risks. And they’re always willing to go the extra mile.
Big thinkers are the ones who will make your business succeed. They’re the ones who will come up with new ideas, solve problems, and drive innovation.
So if you’re serious about building a successful business, start by hiring big thinkers (Eagles and not Ducks). And don’t be afraid to let go of the small-minded people who are holding you back.
Here are some of the signs that you may be employing small-minded people:
- They are always complaining and negative (Quack, Quack).
- They are not willing to learn new things or take on new challenges (Quack, Quack).
- They are content to do the bare minimum (Quack, Quack).
- They are not interested in helping the team succeed (Quack, Quack).
- They are always blaming others for their mistakes (Quack, Quack).
If you see any of these signs in your employees, it’s time to take action. Don’t let them drag your business down.
Here are some tips for hiring big thinkers:
- Look for people who are curious and ask questions.
- Look for people who are creative and innovative.
- Look for people who are willing to take risks.
- Look for people who are passionate about their work.
- Look for people who are team players.
Hiring big thinkers is one of the best things you can do for your business. They will help you to grow and succeed.
So don’t make the mistake of hiring small-minded people. Surround yourself with strategic thinkers who find solutions to problems and watch your business soar.